Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tortugitas On TLC!!


As much as I hate to admit it, I am NOT the biggest fans of the show Kate Plus 8. I just always feel like the kids in many ways do not have any appreciation for animals or the environment. Let's face it............Kate didn't teach them anything about responsibility and animal care when she made John return his 2 beautiful German Shepherd puppies and she definitely doesn't promote waste reduction with her kids seeing as though she uses plastic dishes and throwaway plates half the time for their breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I KNOW she has 8 kids BUT she also is a role model for many mothers and she should be setting a positive example since it was HER that brought these children into the world - they will be the ones dealing with the climate change crises in the years to come! OK enough with my negativity..........here is a GREAT video of Kate and the kiddies learning about sea turtles and conservation. They even had the awesome experience of watching the little tortugitas hatch from their nest and make it down to the ocean. This is an experience that I will never ever forget as I helped Olive Ridley hatchlings make their way to the unknown of the Pacific Ocean while I was in Guatemala last year. Let's hope the Gosselin kiddies take their experience to heart and never forget the importance of conservation! :0)

xoxoxo
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment