Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fruits Of My Labour!

*Just a sample of some of the veggies I grew in my backyard garden this year!*

Unfortunately the summer season is coming to an end in Toronto which makes me very very sad. Summertime is my favourite time of the year. Everyone just seems happier as they skip off to work or grab ice cream sundaes at Dairy Queen. Not only is the temperature getting a bit cooler everyday, which reminds me Haloween, but the days are getting a LOT shorter!! Before I could be riding my bike a 9pm and it would still be bright and sunny out........but now by 7:30pm the sun has already gone down and it feels like midnight! Along with the lack of sun means my flowers and vegetable garden are not doing as well. This was my first official summer with my beautiful butterfly and yummy veggie gardens. From about July 31st on I had tons of cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes and my fav of all CUCUMBERS!!! It was so rewarding going out each afternoon and picking my fresh veggies right off the vines!! Next year I will definitely add more and different vegetables to my garden such as peppers, carrots and even some herbs!!!!

xoxoxox
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment