Monday, February 1, 2010

Earth Song

Last night Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Usher, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson all got together during the Grammy Awards for a beautiful tribute to Michael Jackson. Instead of singing and dancing to one of his many ultra pop hits such as Thriller or Billie Jean they sang a remarkable version of MJ's "Earth Song". I really had no idea that Michael was interested at all in the planet and how we need to protect it. I knew he donated to various charities but I always thought he was too self-absorbed to even think of the rainforest and the other animals that share their world with us. I just continuously had visions of him on those notorious Las Vegas shopping sprees purchasing anything and everything he could, however, my opinion last night completely changed. Michael had prepared the "Earth Song" video shown behind the performers and was supposed to be a part of his "This Is It" Tour in London. Watch the video below and let me know what you think!



I think that little girl in the video is just too precious!! Its wonderful to see MJ cared about the planet as well and I am sure he passed that passion along to his beautiful children!

xoxox
nicole

2 comments:

  1. of course michael cared about the planet, you should see the offical earth song video on youtube. michael may have soent alot of money shopping but he was always thinking about others

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he was so involved with the planet and I am very happy to hear that he was! I will definitely check out the official Earth Song on youtube thank you!

    ReplyDelete