Thursday, May 27, 2010

GARAGE SALE SUCCESS!!!


*Starving puppy in Kingston Jamaica*


I wanted to do something to help one of my favourite charities - "Animal Kind International" but I knew I had to change things up a bit as there have been too many fundraisers in and around my area lately. Rather than asking people for money I decided to host a garage sale at my house with all proceeds going to AKI! Not only were my parents and I able to get rid of so much stuff from our basement, our family and friends also came forward to donate items they no longer needed or wanted. Apart from small trinkets I was able to sell an exercise machine, lots of toys, kitchen items, bicycles and even a jumping castle!!! By the end of the two day sale we had raised $320 CND!!!!


*Every Penny Counted!!*

*Looking At All The Deals!*

I was so thrilled and even more excited to share the great news with the AKI president Karen Menczer. I told Karen that I would like my money to be split the money raised between "Helping Hands For Hounds" in Honduras (run by an extremely dedicated angel named Pilar) and Deborah who has dedicated her life to helping the strays of Jamaica!



*Deborah with an abandoned puppy in Kingston*

A couple of days after Karen informed Pilar and Deborah I received this in my inbox:

Holy moly! HOW COOL IS THAT??? That is THE most I have ever received! Thanks so much. And I know Pilar will appreciate it too! Just this morning I was driving to work and lamenting (to myself of course) that I just can't keep up with the cost of dog food anymore.Now I have taken on some cute cute cute little pups that live in a big drum lying on it's side by my bank. I was going to take them home but they seem so comfortable and happy I decided to feed them and care for them right there, until I can get a home.I see the mama dog too she is always close by but they are almost 7 weeks now so she is starting to leave them. Soon she will leave for good.But they are fine.
Oh, I have the cat photos with lots of kittens ( 6) that were thrown over the walls of a prison near my bank.One of the boys who help me with the dogs picked them up! he says they throw them all the time! I didn't know! So I snapped some photos on saturday and will scan them to you now.I am worried cause I don't have a lot of homes for cats, and those kittens will be big soon!
PLEASE TELL NICOLE THAT I AM VERY VERY GRATEFUL FOR HER HELP AND I TRULY THANK HER FOR HER EFFORTS TO HELP ANIMALS

*AKI Website Snapshot*

Karen informed me that with the money raised will pay for 2 weeks of food for the stray dogs and cats in Kingston and spay 5 females in Honduras. I am so happy I was able to help and plan on doing another garage sale in August depending on the donations I receive!

xoxox
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment