Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Great Month For Adoptions!

Last week was a busy week for adoptions! Not only was my rescue group extremely busy (we've had over 200 adoptions so far for the month of November) but three of my foster babies were also adopted into wonderful, loving homes!

Minnie & Harry were adopted together into an amazing home with no kids (yet) and lots of space to run and play. I had been helping this couple for three weeks trying to find their purr-fect cat. Originally they wanted an adult, declawed lap-cat because they knew it was harder for adults to get adopted unlike kittens, however, after much searching and talking to different foster homes they just couldn't find the right match. I then suggested they take a look at kittens whom they could help raise themselves and perhaps 'mold' into the lap cats they so desperately wanted. The super sweet couple came over to my house to meet my brood of babies and fell in love with Prince Harry and my feisty little calico Minnie! I was so happy that the two of them were going home together and the couple were ultra understanding regarding their kitten colds and vowed to nurse them back to health. Unfortunately all of my kittens had come down with an upper respiratory virus just like toddlers in a daycare but our adopters are so selfless and forgiving that they look past their watery eyes and sneezing and take them home anyways. I am happy to report that Minnie and Prince Harry, now renamed Daisy and Dash, are very happy, healthy and taking over their house!!!

*Prince Harry & William in the shelter before*

*Minnie before*

*Daisy and Dash in their new digs!!*

Prince Charlie also found his forever home with an amazing young couple who already had a 4 year old cat at home. They were looking for a fun, active and mischievious little boy for their home and Charlie definitely fit the bill! I warned the couple that their resident cat "Sydney" would not be too thrilled with this little brat taking over her territory and they laighed knowing it was the truth. Thankfully Sydney and Charlie, now re-named Jack, are slowly getting used to each other and Jack is having a great time playing with all his new toys!

*Charlie on death row*

*Now a happy, healthy and extremely lucky Jack!!*

I am so grateful to the adopters I had met last week and those that have come forward to rescue a stray, abandoned or home cat/kitten during this month. My co-workers/friends also adopted out their foster kittens which is just fantastic!! Over 200 for November is just incredible and has given so much room for more to be rescued and saved just in time for the holiday season! Lets hope my little Rocky will be next!!

xoxoxox
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment