Monday, August 31, 2009

Diving With Turtles!


I dont think there is anything more peaceful in this world then swimming with sea turtles. While diviing in the Cayman Islands I had numerous opportunities to view and swim alongside both hawksbill and green sea turtles. I think they are some of the most gorgeous and unfortunately most endangered animals on the planet. They face so many obstacles in the ocean such as ingesting plastic garbage, getting stuck in fishing net and struck by boats just to name a few. When the females reach shore to lay their eggs it becomes even worse. If their eggs aren’t stolen from poachers than they may be killed for their meat or shell by humans. If they do make it back to the ocean unharmed they then face hungry bull sharks and more pollution along the way. It is definitely an uphill battle trying to save and protect these gorgeous creatures but I will dedicate what I can both physically and monetary to help and do my part!


For more information on Sea Turtle conservation please visit: http://www.cccturtle.org

No comments:

Post a Comment