Monday, November 1, 2010

Better Late Than Never!


This past August, while at downtown Toronto's annual CNE Exhibition, I came across a city sponsored "Water Bottle Refill Station". According to my friend, who works for the city of Toronto, almost every public event that takes place downtown has these stations set up to promote re-suable water bottles, our safe tap water and of course wean people off the plastic! I, amongst many others, took advantage of this 'station' and refilled my stainless steel water bottle, saved $4.00 (the cost of Dasani water at the CNE) and prevented yet another plastic water bottle from entering the landfill. I am very proud of my hometown for incorporating such a useful and future-forward idea in one of the greatest & greenest cities in the world! Thanks T.O!!!

xoxoxox
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment